Stuffed Asiago Chicken Breasts
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 599
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Combine Asiago cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, and Kalamata olives in a bowl for the filling. Place about 1/4 of the filling on the center of each chicken breast. Roll up jelly-roll style, securing the edges with toothpicks to keep the chicken breasts from unrolling. Rub the top of each chicken breast with olive oil, place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil, and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms start to brown, about 4 minutes. Add thyme leaves and white wine, stirring and deglazing the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Cook until sauce starts to slightly thicken. Add 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat immediately; overcooking the Asiago cheese will create a lumpy, stringy sauce.
- Slice each chicken breast into 1/2-inch thick slices, and drizzle with Asiago sauce. Garnish with thyme and serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 599 calories; 34.4 9.7 59.9 214 934 Full nutrition