Cheater Instant Pot® Pollo en Mole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This chicken mole is my rendition of the Mexican classic, but cooked in an Instant Pot®. I'm not claiming it's authentic, but family raves about it. I use Mexican mole dry seasoning from the Savory Spice® shop. Serve on top of rice or warmed corn tortillas garnished with queso fresco and sliced avocado."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 411
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine tomatoes, chicken broth, mole seasoning, water, 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, ancho chile powder, chipotle chile powder, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Allow to get hot and add remaining 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Cancel Saute mode. Add chicken and pour sauce on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add Mexican chocolate and stir to combine.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- An 8 ounce can of tomato sauce may be substituted for the tomatoes, if desired.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 24.3 20.9 26.9 65 781 Full nutrition