Hearty Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Don't let the pumpkin scare you! You wouldn't know it was there if the cook didn't tell you! The flavors blend nicely and don't overpower one another. This slow cooker chili is heart-smart and tasty too - unless you're like me and top it with a bit of fat-free sour cream and sharp Cheddar cheese. I also squeeze a bit of lime juice into each bowl to add a little zing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 299
Original recipe yields 10 servings (2 1/2 quarts)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Saute garlic and onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook and stir until brown and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard fat from the skillet.
- Place meat mixture into a slow cooker and add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pumpkin, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chiles, red bell peppers, green bell pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, bay leaves, coriander, cayenne, and salt. Mix well.
- Cook chili on High for 2 hours, or on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve in bowls and squeeze a lime wedge into each.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use orange and/or yellow bell peppers instead of red, if you'd like.
- You can substitute two 14.5-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes for tomato sauce, if you'd like.
- You can use frozen corn instead of canned, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 12.3 33.1 16.1 34 782 Full nutrition