Grilled Halloumi Wraps
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Salty halloumi cheese slices grill up beautifully, along with peppers and onions, to make this tasty vegetarian wrap bursting with flavors of the Mediterranean. I like to use low-carb tortillas, but you could also stuff everything inside a pita half instead. Using flavored hummus also adds a nice twist."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 472
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 wraps)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and set a grill pan on top of the grate.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss together bell pepper and onion in a small bowl. Mix in 1/2 of the oil mixture and season with salt, to taste. Transfer to the hot grill pan.
- Cook vegetables on the preheated grill until lightly charred but still firm to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove pan from the grill and allow vegetables to cool. Lower the grill temperature to medium.
- Brush halloumi cheese slices with the remaining oil mixture. Cook on the preheated grill, flipping carefully, until grill marks appear and cheese has softened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and place on an aluminum foil-covered plate to keep warm.
- Spread the tortillas with hummus and top with spinach. Divide the peppers and onions between the tortillas, add 2 halloumi slices to each tortilla, then top with olives. Roll up and serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 472 calories; 28.1 36.1 20.3 47 1255 Full nutrition