Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Microwave
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 88
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 cups )
- Cut stem off of pumpkin to create a hole using a good, strong knife, as cutting through a pumpkin can be tricky. Scoop and scrape pulp and seeds out of pumpkin, saving seeds to roast later. Cut pumpkin in quarters. Cut quarters in 1/2 again.
- Place pumpkin pieces in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, tight enough to not let any steam or moisture escape during cooking time.
- Microwave for 7 minutes, checking seal of plastic wrap halfway through cooking time to ensure no moisture is not escaping. Continue cooking in the microwave for another 8 minutes. Remove plastic wrap by pulling wrap furthest from you back towards you, allowing hot steam to escape away from you. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel skin from pumpkin using your fingers.
- Puree peeled pumpkin using a food processor, hand masher, or a potato ricer.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Be sure the pieces are uniform in size to ensure even cooking.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 0.3 22.1 3.4 0 3 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used a glass bowl and a 900 watt microwave. These directions are spot on.