Chorizo and Rice-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 661
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Add tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, adobo, basil, and cilantro to the skillet with the chorizo. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add rice and simmer for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat, add fresh parsley, and let rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stuff each poblano pepper half with the chorizo mixture; lay in the baking dish. Add water to the bottom of the dish. Loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender but still firm, about 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle peppers with Cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper Jack cheeses.
- Turn on the broiler; broil peppers until cheese is brown and bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 661 calories; 47.3 25 33.5 110 1792 Full nutrition