Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 704
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 tuna melts)
- Drain about 1/2 of the olive oil from the tuna. Scrape tuna and remaining oil into a mixing bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions, capers, and thyme. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, and red pepper flakes. Stir gently to combine.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Lay bread slices crust-sides up on an unlined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Broil until nicely browned, about 1 minute.
- Turn bread slices over with tongs and divide the tuna filling between 2 slices. Arrange Asiago cheese over the other two slices. Return to broiler. Heat until cheese is bubbly and golden brown and filling is hot, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use tongs to turn the cheese-topped slices over on top of those spread with filling. Slice tuna melts in half and serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Tuna packed in olive oil is one of the genuinely great things in life. Don't drain the oil off too aggressively. It will contribute a lovely silkiness to the filling.
- Use any bread and soft cheese you prefer. I used my own ciabatta.
Per Serving: 704 calories; 32.5 62.8 40.4 57 1510 Full nutrition