5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 254
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and pour in bulgur wheat. Stir to mix well, then cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion in a medium salad bowl. Halve chile pepper and scrape out seeds; reserve for dressing. Dice chile and mix into the bowl.
- Place chile seeds, lime juice, cilantro, lime zest, honey, vinegar, garlic, cumin, and salt in a bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking until dressing is combined.
- Uncover bulgur and let cool, about 10 minutes. Add to the vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Pour in dressing and toss to coat. Cover salad and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Dice avocado and toss into the salad before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To customize, you can increase or decrease any of the veggies.
- I kept this on the very mild side, using only one red chile and minimal seeds, but if you want the extra bite, add a couple jalapenos and their seeds.
- You can play around with the dressing depending on how salty, sweet, or cumin-y you like it.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 7.3 44.2 8.4 < 1 817 Full nutrition