Instant Pot® Coconut-Caramel Shrimp
"I'm fortunate to live in Oklahoma where we have a lovely Vietnamese community. This is my Americanized version of coconut-caramel shrimp. It's made in an Instant Pot®, and while it can be made on the stovetop you'll use more pots and pans. I love serving this with jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 194
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function on high heat. Set timer to a total of 10 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons coconut water and sugar. Stir just once, then leave alone to bubble.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup coconut water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until hot, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Once pressure cooker reads "Hot" the coconut water-sugar mixture should be an amber color. Carefully pour the hot coconut water into the pot, using caution as this will cause steam to rise.
- Add in fish sauce and shrimp. Hit Cancel. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Once steam is released, remove lid and add in grated ginger, garlic, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Hit Cancel and switch to Saute mode. Stir in tapioca flour and whisk to combine. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 194 calories; 1.1 25.9 19.6 173 1336 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was barely edible. I added no salt but was way to salty. I would not make again.