Instant Pot® Pudina Pulao (Mint Rice)
7 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is probably one of the most flavorful rice recipes you can make in just a few minutes. It's a spicy mint rice recipe that is hearty and filling as a vegetarian dish. Serve this as a side dish, or you can also take it in a lunch box and have a delicious midday meal! It is also lovely with plain or Greek yogurt."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 352
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine green chiles, mint leaves, garlic, 2 1/2 tablespoons water, shredded coconut, cilantro, cumin seeds, and ginger in a mortar; grind with a pestle into a paste.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add olive oil and heat until warm. Add cloves, cardamom pods, star anise, bay leaf, and cinnamon. Saute until spices are fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Add mint paste, onion, turmeric, and red chile powder and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Mix in potatoes, tomatoes, and peas. Stir in basmati rice and saute for 1 minute longer. Pour in 1 1/4 cups water and salt. Scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot and let warm 1 minute longer.
- Turn off Saute mode. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Flat-leaf parsley may be used in place of cilantro, and long-grain rice may be used instead of basmati, if preferred.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 9.6 61.6 6.9 0 489 Full nutrition