Classic Chicken Vesuvio
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 617
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add grapeseed oil. Brown chicken in the hot oil, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chicken pieces to a plate.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Add potatoes to the hot skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to ensure all sides are browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer potatoes and chicken to a large roasting pan.
- Cook minced garlic in the hot skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour 1 cup white wine into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Add 1 cup chicken broth. Allow sauce to reduce, 7 to 10 minutes. Pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- During the last 25 minutes of baking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and stir to create a roux. Add remaining 1/2 cup wine, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and whipping cream. Stir until sauce has incorporated and thickened slightly, 7 to 10 minutes. Add lemon juice. Set sauce aside.
- Stir peas into the roasting pan and continue baking until peas are heated through and chicken is no longer pink at the bone, about 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and pour sauce over chicken.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If the skillet you use is large enough and oven-safe, you can bake this dish in the skillet instead of transferring to a roasting pan.
Per Serving: 617 calories; 33.6 30.5 36.9 157 859 Full nutrition