Simple Zesty Asian Salmon Burgers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Easy and affordable, this is great to fix when your family is craving a specialty-type burger. Prepared with canned salmon, this recipe offers an easy way to add an Asian twist to a burger with just a hint of spice. Add more ginger or Sriracha for a bigger kick. Serve with mixed fresh cut fruit such as cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 5 servings (5 burgers)
- Place a colander on top of a bowl; add salmon to the colander and separate fish a bit to allow it to drain. Let stand until well drained, about 10 minutes. Discard juice and transfer salmon to a large bowl.
- Mix bell pepper and onion into the salmon. Add bread crumbs, eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, mustard powder, and garlic powder; mix to combine. Form into 5 patties. Place patties on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator, 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Gently place burgers into the skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook, turning just once, until well browned, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Place cooked burgers on a serving platter.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to cut the red bell pepper and the onion as small as possible.
- Serve on lightly toasted hamburger buns with iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced sweet onion. Or, place each burger on top of a bed of lettuce, sliced tomato, and onion, and add a squeeze of lemon to the top of the prepared burger. Set out honey mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon slices.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 16.7 14.8 40.5 130 1220 Full nutrition