13 made it | 0 reviews |
"Bell peppers stuffed with more bell peppers? That's right, our favorite Ratatouille Provençale recipe is the star of these twice-baked stuffed peppers topped with Italian cheeses. Make this on any weeknight for a satisfying vegetarian main!"
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 367
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour olive oil into a large pot over high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato sauce, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper. Stir in wine, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer until vegetables are just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Leave ratatouille warm in the pot until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange pepper halves, cut-sides down, in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn peppers so cut sides face up. Mix 2 cups ratatouille with 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend; spoon into pepper halves. Cover loosely with foil and bake until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and top with black pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Yellow or orange bell peppers will work as well.
- I adapted Stella's Ratatouille Provençale for this recipe. I halved it and added a red bell pepper and 1/4 cup red wine. Use 2 cups of another ratatouille recipe if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of ratatouille. Reserve remaining ratatouille for another use.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 22.9 29.2 12.4 22 395 Full nutrition