Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 354
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in shortening and mix until just a few chunks remain. Add buttermilk and vanilla extract; stir until combined.
- Shape dough into individual scones, about 3 inches across and 1 inch thick. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before lightly dusting with powdered sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use dark or light brown sugar, whichever you prefer.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 14.8 49.3 6 1 462 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1