Pumpkin Oatmeal Scones
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Mary Kay Jurovcik
"In looking for a recipe for scones that combined pumpkin and oats, I was surprised at how few I found. Since I have an extreme distaste for recipes that use just part of a can of anything, I made sure mine would use up the whole can of pumpkin. This one is lightly sweet, moist, and still pretty light. My kids love them. Enjoy them warm from the oven or freeze them and take them to work to enjoy with your morning coffee."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flours, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until dough is moistened and just combined.
- Divide dough evenly between the prepared baking sheets. Flatten into 8-inch circles 1/2- to 3/4-inch high. Score each circle into 6 wedges with a butter knife. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 14 to 17 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you prefer smaller scones, cut into 16 wedges instead of 12.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 7.9 37.6 6.1 32 327 Full nutrition