Apple Scones with Oats and Maple Syrup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 180
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender. Add shredded apples and mix to distribute. Stir in half-and-half, egg, and maple syrup. Mix until dough holds its shape but is still fairly sticky; do not overmix.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and pat into a circle about 1/2-inch thick. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut into 12 wedges and place on baking sheets at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for the vanilla-flavored maple syrup.
- You can frost these with a powdered sugar glaze if you like. Use 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and about 5 teaspoons water. Make sure the glaze is very thick.
- I use this basic recipe (minus apples and cinnamon) for all my scones, just varying them with blueberries or chocolate chips, because they keep the best of all the recipes I've tried. For a biscuit-textured scone, add 1/2 cup more flour.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 6.8 27.4 3.4 30 224 Full nutrition