Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 357
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 scones)
- Place butter-flavored shortening and regular shortening into a freezer until very cold, at least 2 hours before use. Place cherries into the freezer until very cold, at least 15 minutes before use.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter-flavored shortening and regular shortening until flour mixture is combined.
- Whisk heavy cream and eggs together in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture until combined. Fold cold cherries into dough.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a rectangle, about 1 1/2-inches thick. Cut in 1/2 lengthwise; cut out triangles from each 1/2. Place on the prepared baking sheet and place into the freezer to get cold, about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden on edges, about 15 minutes.
- Remove scones from the oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine confectioners' sugar, milk, and cinnamon in a bowl. Lightly drizzle glaze over cooled scones.
You might also like
Per Serving: 357 calories; 18.9 43.1 4.7 54 408 Full nutrition