Royal Cherry Scones
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Royal cherry scones were on the breakfast table each and every morning while in New Zealand. I asked if I may have the recipe, and the chef said to just follow any scones recipe and add fresh cherries at the end of the recipe. This is my own recipe. I hope you enjoy my delicious homemade scones."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 121
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Rub 1/4 cup butter into flour in a bowl until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in sugar. Stir cherries into flour mixture until evenly distributed; mix in wheat germ.
- Mix milk into dough and knead lightly until just smooth. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approximately 3/4-inch thickness. Stamp out crescent shapes using a 2 1/2-inch fluted cutter, kneading, re-rolling, and cutting dough until it is all used up.
- Place scones on the preheated baking sheet; brush tops with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve immediately; split scones and spread with remaining butter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute roughly chopped glazed cherries for fresh, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 121 calories; 8.2 10.3 1.8 22 140 Full nutrition