Instant Pot® Moroccan Chicken
10 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe calls for minimal ingredients, and is fast to make. If you can't find Moroccan seasoning, feel free to make your own, but the taste may be different. I prefer the Savory Spice Shop® Tan Tan Moroccan seasoning. I've learned some Instant Pots® can throw a 'burn notice' but this did not happen for me. If you experience a burn notice, add 2 tablespoons more broth."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 423
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and Moroccan seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter once the pot is hot. Cook chicken until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add onion, carrot, and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add pearl couscous, broth, and chickpeas; stir to combine. Cancel Saute function. Add chicken back to the pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Serve chicken with almonds sprinkled on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts may be substituted for the chicken tenders, if desired.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 14.7 40 31.2 73 400 Full nutrition