Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place eggplant in a large bowl. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine and let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread shallot and tomatoes onto skewers and brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them. Grill for 4 minutes. Flip and grill 4 minutes more.
- Transfer grilled tomatoes and shallot to a blender. Add vinegar, garlic, crushed chili flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse until blended but still chunky. Set aside.
- Grill eggplant slices for 5 minutes. Flip, and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt over them. Top each with a slice of mozzarella and grill until cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture on a serving platter. Top with eggplant. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top and garnish with fresh basil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using wooden skewers you will need to soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using. I like to leave the skin on but feel free to peel the eggplant prior to marinating if desired.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 21.9 13.6 16.6 38 681 Full nutrition