Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 10 servings (2 1/2 pounds chicken tenders)
- Combine cilantro, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and lemon juice in a blender and process well. Set aside.
- Warm 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and fry until brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken and fry until no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in cilantro mixture and increase heat to medium-high. Add cumin powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook until juices evaporate and sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes, making sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. Add bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and cumin seeds. Add water, rice, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice.
You might also like
Per Serving: 310 calories; 6.9 33.1 27.1 65 434 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1