Sarah's Stewed Taco Burgers
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 440
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mince enough onion to get 1/4 cup. Set remaining onion aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup minced onion and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. Cook until onion is translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion to a medium bowl; add ground beef, 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix well and shape into 4 hamburger patties.
- Pour tomato sauce into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salsa and remaining 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Shave remaining onion into thin slices using a mandolin. Add to tomato mixture. Add hamburger patties and cook in the sauce until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F (76 degrees C), about 5 minutes per side.
- Toast the hamburger buns if desired. Top buns with hamburger patties and sauce, and other desired toppings.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can add as much or little sliced onion to the tomato sauce as you wish. I normally aim for between 1/4 and 1/2 cup sliced onion.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 20.5 33.2 29.2 91 941 Full nutrition