Air Fryer Coconut Chicken
21 made it | 0 reviews |
"These coconut-panko crusted chicken strips are crispy, crunchy, and oil-free. The chicken strips are double dipped in egg and in the coconut-panko mixture to ensure crispiness. Cooked in an air fryer they are ready in just a few minutes. They are moist and tender on the inside. Serve with or without your choice of dipping sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 418
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place coconut milk, pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, and ginger in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Combine shredded coconut, panko, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Remove chicken strips from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Dip chicken strips in beaten egg, then in coconut-panko mixture, then again in egg mixture, and again in coconut-panko mixture, double dipping and double coating each strip.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place breaded chicken strips in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching; work in batches if necessary.
- Cook for 6 minutes, flip strips, and continue cooking until lightly browned and toasted, 4 to 6 minutes more.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 418 calories; 17.4 41.1 31.1 158 1493 Full nutrition