Homemade Portuguese Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 492
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken legs)
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth.
- Score chicken legs a few times using a knife and place in a resealable bag or a bowl. Pour about 1/3 cup of sauce over chicken and toss well. Season with additional sea salt. Cover or seal and marinate chicken in a refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight. Reserve remaining sauce for basting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and baste with extra marinade. Cover baking dish with foil once again and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near a bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder for fresh garlic for a thicker consistency, if desired.
Per Serving: 492 calories; 34.5 4.5 40.2 140 661 Full nutrition