Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 773
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat a medium-to-large soup pot over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and chicken to the hot pot. Lightly brown chicken, about 2 minutes. Add chorizo and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, jalapeno peppers, and onion to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and hot sauce. Add chicken broth and bring to a bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Reduce heat under soup and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Ladle soup into shallow, oven-proof bowls and top each with a generous handful of crushed tortilla chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place bowls into the oven under the hot broiler until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish each bowl with cilantro and green onions.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Regarding the chorizo, I recommend using 1/2 of a pork roll and 1/2 of a beef roll.
- Use your favorite shredded cheese.
Per Serving: 773 calories; 42.8 61.5 36.7 100 2337 Full nutrition