Sandwich with Bacon, Pistachio Pesto, and Tomato
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 1957
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 sandwich)
- Combine pistachio nuts, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended. Pour olive oil in slowly, with the processor running, until pesto is smooth. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, tear each strip of bacon in 1/2 so you have 4 pieces.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place remaining olive oil in the skillet. Cook bread in the skillet over medium heat, turning as necessary, until both sides are browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove bread from pan.
- Meanwhile, season tomato slices liberally with salt and pepper.
- To assemble sandwich, place 4 pieces of bacon on 1 slice of bread. Top with Parmesan cheese, tomato slices, 2 tablespoons pistachio pesto, and the remaining slice of bread.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you prefer, you can crust the bread with the Parmesan cheese. You can do this by sprinkling 1/4 of the cheese on each side of the bread, one side at a time, while it is the pan. Allow it to melt a little on the top and then flip over so that it can crust the bread. Repeat with other side of bread.
- Cover remaining pesto and store in the refrigerator for another use.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pistachio pesto. The actual amount of pesto consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1957 calories; 180.7 56.5 41.3 51 1704 Full nutrition