Blackberry French Toast
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 441
Original recipe yields 9 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Cook blackberry jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth, stirring once, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place 1/2 of the bread cubes into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish and drizzle with melted jam. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix half-and-half and whipped cream cheese together in a bowl; add eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix together well and pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator, 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until bread is golden brown and mixture is set, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve with desired toppings.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You may consider adding an extra egg and increasing half-and-half by 1/2 cup to gain more liquid for bread to soak up.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 17.8 61.3 10.7 130 376 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1