1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I'm from New England, where lobster is a tradition. My favorite way to use it: Combine a fancy ingredient like lobster with a humble ingredient like a tot. The avocado crema and hot sauce really make this dish, though."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 595
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring 9 cups water and salt to a boil in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add lobster; simmer, uncovered, until shells turn bright red and meat is tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain. Cut tails lengthwise with kitchen shears through the center of the shells. Remove meat and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill to high heat (450 to 650 degrees F (230 to 340 C)). Lightly coat a 10x15-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Toss tots with oil on the prepared baking pan, then spread into a single layer. Transfer pan to grill; cook for 10 minutes, then toss to turn. Continue grilling, tossing occasionally, until tots are browned on all sides, about 15 minutes more.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add lobster and bring to a simmer to heat through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Blend avocado, sour cream, and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer tots to a serving platter, and top with lobster and melted butter. Top with avocado sauce, Sriracha, and chives.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using an oven, bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, toss well, then bake another 10 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 41.5 43.2 22.4 113 2017 Full nutrition