Healthier Tuna Noodle Casserole
"Opting for low-fat Alfredo sauce and sour cream lightens up this weeknight-friendly tuna casserole that packs plenty of veggies alongside whole wheat pasta, keeping it hearty enough to take to your next potluck. Garnish with fresh dill."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 2-quart casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrot; cook until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk together Alfredo sauce, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, dill, and black pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cooked pasta, vegetables, and tuna until combined. Transfer to the prepared dish. In a small bowl, stir together panko and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan; sprinkle over casserole. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute whole wheat rotini pasta (5 ounces) for the bow-ties if desired.
- You can use 1/2 teaspoon dried dill instead of fresh.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 21.6 62.4 28.3 72 1066 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1