Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 464
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Mix ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Divide meat mixture into four equal portions and form into burgers.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and brown burgers for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove burgers to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic to the skillet. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add marinara sauce, red wine, sugar, basil, and crushed red pepper flakes; mix to combine. Add burgers back to the skillet, spoon sauce over them, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Check occasionally and stir in a little water if the sauce becomes too dry. Remove cover and add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions back to the skillet. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Your burger mixture can be prepared the evening before and refrigerated overnight, making the next day's dinner even easier and faster. You may substitute water for the red wine.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 23.5 30.2 28.6 166 941 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It's spaghetti sauce with hamburger patties instead of meatballs. It's good, but nothing outstanding.