Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 753
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Partially drain fat from the skillet.
- Heat remaining bacon fat in the skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in the fat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt; continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add cooked rice to sauce mixture. Transfer rice and sauce mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Crumble bacon. Stir 3/4 of the Cheddar cheese and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon into the hot rice mixture until cheese is melted. Transfer to a 9x11-inch glass oven-proof dish. Sprinkle remaining bacon and Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese on top is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 753 calories; 31.5 83.5 32.3 93 1239 Full nutrition