Healthy, Kid-Friendly Banana Bread
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 153
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 11x7-inch loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Coat an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together applesauce and maple syrup in a large bowl. Add eggs and whisk until well blended. Add bananas, yogurt, and milk; mix until combined but still lumpy. Whisk in vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Fold flour mixture slowly into banana mixture with a large wooden spoon until fully combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- White whole wheat flour may be substituted for white flour, if desired. Honey can be used in place of maple syrup, and vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt can be used instead of plain.
- Optional mix-ins are nuts, raisins, or dried fruit: just add them when you fold in the dry ingredients.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 2.5 28.1 4.8 40 267 Full nutrition