Kid-Approved Banana Bread
"This bread is moist and delicious, relatively low in fat, and constantly requested by my four kids for snacks or their school lunches. They even avoid eating all the bananas so there are enough left to ripen to black for banana bread! Freezes well too. Just cool fully and place in an airtight bag or container."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Beat brown sugar and butter together using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat on medium-high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Mash bananas using a fork and add to mixture, beating just until mixture is fairly smooth (some lumps are okay).
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Blend into banana mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes; turn pan over to release loaf and let cool further on a wire rack. Tastes best warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also add pecans, if you'd like. Just add them to the mixture with chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 6.6 36.4 3 26 291 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1