Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 449
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Beat sugar and lard together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and beat to combine. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk mixture and strawberry puree, making 3 dry and 2 wet additions. Beat for 1 minute. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Drop cake pans 2 to 3 times on the countertop to break any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers of the cakes comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Turn cakes out onto the rack to cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes more.
- Ice cooled cake using vanilla frosting between the layers and on the top and sides.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute shortening for lard, if desired.
- You can use any kind of vanilla buttercream frosting that you'd like, including homemade.
Per Serving: 449 calories; 16 72.1 4.3 40 446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1