Healthier Fresh Strawberry Muffins
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is my two-year-old's favorite fresh strawberry muffin recipe! While it's a sweet muffin, the ingredients are healthy enough that I feel good about giving her one for breakfast. They only last a couple of days fresh, but freeze beautifully - I usually put half in the freezer right away and enjoy them for months!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 185
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix all-purpose flour, oats, whole wheat flour, sugar, flax seed meal, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in milk, coconut oil, applesauce, and eggs. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins evenly with batter, about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Sometimes I vary the oil and applesauce a bit - as long as the oil and applesauce equals 1 1/4 cups total, it's turned out fine. You can also sprinkle some raw sugar over the top before baking to make these more of a dessert.
- I usually heat the coconut oil a bit to make it a liquid for measuring, which also helps it mix in well. If you add cold milk to coconut oil, it will clump up.
- You can mash a few of the strawberries to add more color and strawberry flavor, if desired.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 8.6 24.4 3.9 15 232 Full nutrition