Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 19
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high. Spray a baking sheet with fat-free cooking spray.
- Cut tomatillos in half and place cut-side-down on the prepared baking sheet with serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Broil in the preheated oven until charred, about 20 minutes, turning peppers halfway through cooking time.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Remove stems from peppers and peel garlic.
- Combine tomatillos, serrano pepper, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse to desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to meld flavors.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The longer the salsa is stored in the refrigerator, the better. It will last up to 7 days refrigerated.
- You can remove the seeds from the serrano pepper once cooled to make the salsa less spicy, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 19 calories; 0.2 4.8 0.7 0 1446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1