Stuffed Poblano Peppers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 447
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Turn a gas stove burner to high. Hold poblano peppers directly on the flame with a pair of tongs and turn until skins are charred. Let peppers cool. Leaving peppers as close to whole as possible, remove skins, seeds, membranes, and stems.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in chili pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place peppers in a nonstick casserole dish. Insert a slice of Cheddar cheese and a slice of Monterey Jack cheese into each pepper. Spoon some ground beef mixture into each pepper. Place the remaining beef on top of the peppers, and cover with enchilada sauce. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese on top of the peppers. Bake until peppers are bubbly and fragrant, another 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use either red or green enchilada sauce--your choice.
- You can roast the poblano peppers under the broiler if you'd like.
- These are really better if you prepare them one day and then bake and eat the next day.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 28.9 18.8 29 91 541 Full nutrition