Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 332
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 stuffed pepper halves)
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cook peppers under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes.
- While peppers are steaming, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut cooled peppers in 1/2; remove and discard skins. Place peppers, cut-sides down, in an ungreased 10x15-inch baking pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Turn peppers over in the baking pan so the cut-sides are facing up.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add cooked shrimp, shredded Mexican cheese blend, cooked rice, lemon juice, cilantro, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon shrimp and rice mixture into pepper halves.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons melted butter for the topping. Sprinkle over peppers.
- Return to the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 332 calories; 19.6 23 19.4 139 566 Full nutrition