Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 119
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 bars)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a 10x14-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and allspice in a separate bowl. Gradually pour flour mixture into the butter mixture; blend well. Stir in oats and mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Press 1/2 of the oat batter firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Spread strawberries and blueberries over the crust and sprinkle with remaining oat batter. Press slightly to flatten batter and fruit. Bake until edges are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan. Cut into 24 bars.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Light margarine may be substituted for butter, if desired.
- Use fruit of your choice--strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pears, or apples.
- If you use a smaller baking dish, your crust will be thicker.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 4.5 18.5 2.2 10 91 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1