11 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 140
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat, such as SILPAT(TM).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in vegan butter and coconut oil with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add cold almond milk and stir until dough just comes together. It may not be necessary to use all the milk; dough will be wet and sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead (fold over) 15 times. Gently roll or pat dough to a 1- or 1 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits with a small biscuit cutter or a small bourbon glass. Gently re-roll the dough scraps and cut remaining biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure they are touching each other and the sides of the pan; don't be afraid to squish them in--this helps them to rise high.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you'd like to use original (sweetened) almond milk, omit the sugar.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 6.6 18 2.2 0 357 Full nutrition