Ingredients1 h servings 481
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and chile; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring constantly, until broken up and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water, chicken stock, and coconut milk into the pot. Add sweet potato, black beans, diced tomatoes, red lentils, tomato paste, and bay leaves, stirring after each addition. Season with salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until sweet potato and lentils are soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Add more water if soup gets too thick.
- Cook's Notes:
- To customize, add more veggies such as celery and carrots. You will need to add more liquid.
- If you prefer smaller bites of tomato, use crushed instead of diced. Substitute different beans, such as garbanzo, if desired.
- Increase red pepper flakes or add another red chile and more seeds if you like spice.
Per Serving: 481 calories; 25.2 43.8 21.3 22 1387 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used ground turkey and cooked that and lentils separate and three the rest in crock pot on high for 3 hours then mixed it all together
Excellent and enjoyed by all. Instead of chopping chilies and adding a can of tomatoes, I added a can of Rotele (tomatoes with chilies)
Ill make it again but I’ll leave out the chicken sausage....didn’t care for how it was textured. The flavor of the stew was delicious!