Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
"Fresh, sweet taste, so much better than store-bought, and so easy! Use these marinated peppers as an antipasto, or a very healthy sandwich filling. Experiment with different herbs such as rosemary or Italian seasoning. My favorite is basil. Marinade also makes a wonderful salad dressing when the peppers have been eaten!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 88
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set an oven rack about 4 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place bell peppers, skin side-up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil peppers in the preheated oven until skin is blistered and blackened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven and immediately transfer to a plastic or paper bag, seal, and set aside for 20 minutes. Peel off blackened skin and cut peppers into 1/2-inch strips.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, basil, and seasoned pepper in a wide-mouth jar and shake until marinade is well blended. Place pepper slices into the jar, shake, and refrigerate until fully cooled and flavors have melded, 3 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 7 5.7 0.9 0 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1