Twice-Baked Apple-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is the perfect sweet potato side dish for the holidays. It is very simple to prepare and looks and tastes like you spent a long time on it. Trust me, this will be the talk of the table with your family and friends. You can also prepare and freeze them up to 3 weeks, just place on a pan and completely thaw, then bake for 30 minutes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 710
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 sweet potatoes)
- Wash sweet potatoes and pierce each one a few times using a sharp knife. Place in a microwave oven and cook for 6 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Carefully remove sweet potatoes from the microwave oven and wrap each in aluminum foil. Place pecans on an oven-proof plate.
- Place sweet potatoes in the back of the preheated oven and pecans in the front. Bake until pecans are toasted, 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apple, raisins, and cranberries and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop pulp into a large bowl, and mash using a potato masher. Add apple mixture and stir until blended. Spoon mixture into sweet potato shells and top with pecans. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For lower sugar, use 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup.
Per Serving: 710 calories; 35.3 98.9 6.8 41 243 Full nutrition