Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 354
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and dust with flour or line with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine milk, brown sugar, molasses, oil, applesauce, and eggs in a large bowl; mix together until well blended. Stir into flour mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature, or freeze.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute buttermilk for regular milk.
Per Serving: 354 calories; 9.2 61.8 6.7 49 316 Full nutrition