Homemade Chex® Party Mix
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Wick of Twizt
"This homemade snack mix recipe my mom has had since it originated in the 1940s. This was always a holiday favorite at our house. So much better than the newer versions with a richer flavor with the extra butter. This is a very hard-to-find recipe so I thought I'd share. Great to put in tins and give away. I always quadruple the recipe and store extra in freezer. Store in an airtight container or large zip-top bags."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 105
Original recipe yields 88 servings (22 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Melt butter, Worcestershire, garlic salt, and celery salt over low heat in a medium saucepan until butter has dissolved, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine rice cereal, wheat cereal, corn cereal, oat cereal, mixed nuts, and pretzel sticks in a large mixing bowl. Pour butter mixture over and gently stir to coat all of the pieces. Transfer mixture to a large roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 2 hours, stirring gently every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Store in airtight containers.
You might also like
Per Serving: 105 calories; 7 9.4 1.8 11 307 Full nutrition