Apple Pie-Cinnamon Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 356
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 rolls)
- Combine warm water, yeast, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl. Set aside to activate, about 5 minutes.
- Mix butter, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in activated yeast mixture. Stir in warm milk. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well.
- Knead dough on a well-floured surface, adding flour until dough is no longer sticky. Place dough in a well-greased bowl and let rise, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine apples and sugar for filling in a large saucepan. Let stand until juice starts to release. Place over medium-high heat and stir frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir tapioca, lemon juice, and cinnamon into the mixture. Boil hard for 1 minute more; remove from heat.
- Punch down risen dough and separate into 2 pieces. Roll out 1 piece into a large rectangle, about 9x13 inches and 1-inch thick. Spread 3 tablespoons melted butter all over the dough. Spread 1/2 of the apple mixture as evenly as possible over dough. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over apples. Roll dough as tightly as possible and squish seams together. Use a sharp knife or a piece of unflavored dental floss to slice dough into about a dozen 1-inch-thick rolls. Place rolls into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Repeat with second piece of dough. Let rise until doubled in size, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar, water, and corn syrup together in a medium-large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Let mixture boil until it turns caramel-colored, 5 to 12 minutes, watching so that it doesn't burn. Reduce heat to low; slowly stir in cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Continue to simmer caramel topping until thickened, about 1 minute more.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from the oven and drizzle with caramel while hot.
You might also like
Per Serving: 356 calories; 11.4 60.4 4.4 46 357 Full nutrition