Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 347
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Melt butter in the same pot. Cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add water, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sage, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 20 minutes.
- Return the cooked sausage to the pot. Pour in milk and bring soup to a gentle simmer. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust the salt after adding in the sausage. If you do it before, your soup will be too salty.
- Garlic powder works well, too - add it when you add the water.
- For richer soup, use cream. For lighter, use skim milk or less whole milk.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 21.9 25.9 13.6 58 1435 Full nutrition