Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 394
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Poke holes in each pumpkin with a sturdy tool. Boil one at a time until tender, about 45 minutes each. Boil carrots, onion, and celery with the third pumpkin. Drain and let cool until easily handled, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat another pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Cut pumpkins open and scrape out seeds and pulp. Scoop pumpkin flesh into a large bowl. Add boiled carrots, onion, and celery.
- Add pumpkin mixture to a food processor or blender in batches, blending until smooth.
- Pour puree into the pot with the sausage. Pour in milk and sour cream; mix until creamy. Cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You may need to add more milk if it's too thick.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 26.1 25.6 16.9 66 790 Full nutrition