Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 522
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch deep dish pie)
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add apples and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine caramels and half-and-half in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together using an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed until just combined.
- Stir 1/2 the caramel mixture into apples and pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle pecans over apples, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping. Fold remaining caramel mixture into cream cheese mixture; spread over pecans. Cover edges loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil; return to the oven and bake until filling is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine whipped topping and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; spread over pie just before serving. Sprinkle with reserved pecans.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 28.2 64.1 5.3 58 266 Full nutrition