Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 465
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine turmeric, ginger, coriander, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small cup. Rub mixture over chicken and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Combine chickpeas, diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, carrots, garlic, and cinnamon stick in the bottom of a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker, bone-side-up. Add onion to the same skillet. Saute over medium-high heat until onions have taken on a yellow color from turmeric and are starting to brown on the edges, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on Low for approximately 2 hours.
- Place green beans and bell pepper over chicken. Cover and cook approximately 3 hours more.
- Meanwhile, boil 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Add couscous and stir. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let sit until water is absorbed and couscous is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place hot couscous on each plate and top with chicken and vegetables. Spoon juices from the slow cooker over each serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 465 calories; 13 57.3 29.8 70 734 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1